Associate Research Analyst
A full-time position is immediately available to join a team of consultants researching human behaviour for commercial clients and public policymakers.
Decision Technology is a research consultancy which provides bespoke services to commercial clients based on the statistical modelling of customer data, field surveys or online experiments. The company specialises in helping businesses and policymakers to understand and manage consumer decision making, drawing on quantitative disciplines such as experimental psychology, cognitive/behavioural science, statistics, economics and finance. More information about Decision Technology’s work within its Behavioural Science practice can be found at www.dectech.co.uk.
We are seeking a research analyst to join our London based team. This Associate role will involve:
- Consulting with internal and client stakeholders to understand their needs and design appropriate research
- Reviewing existing academic research and distilling the relevant findings
- Conducting surveys/experiments, implementing field research or handling existing data
- Designing models, fit them to data and report the practical implications
- Authoring presentations and other write-ups of these findings
- Presenting results to internal and external stakeholders
Candidates should be graduates with:
- Top rated undergraduate degree in a relevant quantitative subject (including the above), a postgraduate degree (MSc, PhD) would be advantageous
- An ambition and passion to work commercially utilising academic research techniques
- Working knowledge of R or similar modelling environment, and of a statistics package such as Stata, SPSS or SAS
- Expertise in the following are desirable:
- Developing mathematical models, preferably Bayesian statistical models
- Handling and analysing large time-series data sets
The position enjoys the following benefits:
- First-year compensation package of £34k – £37k (inclusive of bonuses and pension) and range of benefits, including pension and salary sacrifice schemes for bikes
- Being part of a creative, stimulating, and informal culture in a growing, cutting edge business
- Flexible work patterns, including scope to work from home and to your own schedule
- 33 days of paid annual leave including public holidays with option to sell or buy 5 days
- Eligible for sabbatical after qualifying period
No agencies – to apply, please complete our on-line application form which you can find at https://dectech-research.com/uc/admin/734a/ and applications will be processed from 30th November 2020 onwards. Applicants will be asked to take on-line psychometric tests and technical tests and to attend virtual interviews as part of the assessment process and will be required to supply references.